(1) Why Electrical Branch?
Electrical engineering, one of the core discipline of engineering that deals with the study of design, development, and maintenance of electrical equipment and systems, ensuring quality, safety, reliability, and sustainability. The course focuses on the manufacturing of electrical equipment used in a number of sectors including construction and building and the production and distribution of power.
(1) Government Jobs (Class I & Class II)
As an Electrical Engineer in Gujarat Engineering Services, As a Junior Assistant Electrical Inspector in Government Energy & Power Sector, Jr. Electrical Supervisor in R & B sector, Jr. Electric Engineer in Indian Railways
(2) Public Sector:
NPC India, BSNL, BHEL, HCL, Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency, ONGC, NTPC, PGCIL, NHPC etc.
General Electric, Shell Oil, Servomax, Mitsubishi, ABB, Siemens India, Schneider Electric, PCB planet, Polycab wires, Suzlon Energy etc.
(4) Further Study:
M. Tech, MBA, M. S. (Abroad)
Manufacturing of Electrical Equipment, Dealership, Electrical Contractor - service & maintenance of Electrical Equipment.
(2) Why Electrical @ GNU- UVCPE?
1. Department has well experienced faculties having more than 05 years to 21 years’ experience.
2. Faculty involves in research and promote themselves for higher studies (Ph. D.).
3. Several publications from faculty members in reputed journals & conferences.
4. Focus on practical based teaching and learning.
5. Use of ICT tools for teaching and learning.
Features @ Electrical GNU- UVPCE
1. Value Added Courses (Creative & Critical Thinking/ Ethics & Value)
2. Well-equipped laboratories like electrical machines, drives, power system, high voltage, microprocessor & microcontroller, power electronics, simulation etc.
3. Offer Mini project in pre final year.
4. Full semester Industry based project in VIII semester.
5. Separate project lab for research.
6. Industry and practical oriented project
7. Seminar on current Trends
8. Industrial Visit (ABB, SPRERI, ERDA, TPS Gandhinagar, NBE Motors etc.)
9. Minimum three week industrial training &Two week social training
10. Training & Placement activity cell.
11. Departmental Library
12. Co-curricular activity (STTP/ Workshop/ Convergence/ Expert Lecture)
13. Extra-curricular activities (Youth festival/ Navratri/ NSS/ Blood Donation camp)