Scope of Event:
The main objectives of the short-term course are to enhance the participant’s understanding of basic concepts and theory related to the generation and measurement of high voltage and high current and its application. The safety, insulation selection, grounding, partial discharge and the concept of high voltage related to pulsed ower will be discussed. The participants will also be provided hands on practical experience in the high voltage laboratory of the Department along with all the theory relevant to this particular area of the power system.The main focus of STTP is practical session on high voltage generation and measurement.
The main practical sessions on
1. High Voltage AC/DC generation
2. High voltage Impulse generation.
3. Ageing, deterioration and insulation failure of HVAC & HVDC equipment and PD measurements.
4. Solid insulation materials Testing
5.. Liquid dielectric testing
6. Measurement by potential dividers
7. Sphere gap measurement