One-Day Workshop on "Android Application Development"
Date: 6th April 2018 Time: 10:00 am to 05:00 pm
Venue: New Engineering Building, PG Seminar room
More than 100 students from CE and IT branch participated in the Workshop.
Mr. Mavya Soni
Senior Software Engineer, Solution Analyst
1) To demonstrate firebase authentication with email, real-time database CRUD operations by developing application from scratch.
2) Show how to create and use API with database (mysql/oracle/mssql server etc... )
1) Introduction of Android studio.
2) Discussion about manifest and gradle file of Android studio.
3) How to add dependency of firebase library of Android studio.
4) Core java concept for Android studio.
5) Discussion on JSON array and object-https://jsoneditoronline.org.
6) Model class or pojo class in JSON for firebase connection.
7) Discussion JSON Array, Object and String for firebase connection.
8) Difference between App level “build.gradle” and project level “build gradle”.
9) Discussion on Core level library and auth level library for firebase connection.
10) Discussion on Compile/ implementation in gradle library.
11) How to add plugin for google services for firebase connection.
12) How resolve google play service error related to version and how to sync for firebase connection.
13) How to start app without setting up Authentication, and how to configure your rules for public access.
14) How to make your database open to anyone, even people not using your app.
15) Discussion on How to Retrieve an instance of your database using getInstance().
16) Discussion on Layout(Linear, constraint, relative ) where to use in android
17) How to sign in using (email password).
18) Mobile screen plugin-vysor in Google chrome.
19) Authentication, insert, update data in firebase.
20) Discussion on password in firebase(must be 6 or more char).
21) How to use okhttp lib for API calling.
22) How to use retrofit2 for API calling.
23) JSON TO POJO CONVERTER (WWW.JSONSCHEMATOPOJO.ORG) for usermodel ref. journaldev.org
24) Discussion REST CLIENT for API calling
25) How to call RETROFIT Callback method
Workshop on “Android Application Development” aims to impart technical and practical knowledge to students and future engineers. This workshop was an initiative of Department of Information Technology and Computer Engineering, U V Patel College of Engineering, under the Guidance of Dr. Kiran Amin (Principal-UVPCE), Prof. Rakesh Vanzara (HOD-IT), Prof. Paresh Solanki (HOD-CE), Prof Ketan Sarvakar, Prof. Keyur Jani and Prof. Himanshu Patel to impart knowledge to the students regarding app development in Android.
Assistant professor Prof. Keyur Jani started by addressing the students and faculties by giving them an insight about the Department and course and why they were conducting such events for the students, what benefit students will gain by such events and many more advantages of students. Why Workshop on “Android Application Development” was carried out for students?
About the Workshop:
It was an interactive workshop with Mr. Mavya Soni. He started the workshop with the Current trends of Android development and its advantages and disadvantages. He explained them the benefits and changes it will bring to day-to-day activities and how it can benefit them irrespective of their branch. He discussed the importance, usefulness and impact of apps in today’s digital world. He briefed the students about the types of validation, basic hardware and software requirements for android development.
He provided insights about Android development. He explained them app architecture, app components and app resources. He not only explained it analytically but also demonstrated by creating an app with the students. Even the students got a chance to experiment with their coding skills on Android Studio. To enhance their skills an app development competition was declared. In this the students had to design the user interface of the app.
After the workshop, the students asked him the questions and he answered them aptly.
The students got insights about how apps will disrupt the digital world, how can it be useful to them and how it will bring the change in industry.
Student’s view, Overall it was a knowledge sharing session and was beneficial for all the students and Faculties.
Student’s view, the style and way of teaching of instructor was very interactive and understandable.
Student’s view, they demanded that more session should be organized by Department.
Prof. Himanshu Patel said: “Trainer has good knowledge of domain. He continuously asked for the doubts and questions & answers that are I liked. I would rank 8 out of 10.”
Prof Ketan Sarvakar,
Prof. Keyur Jani,
Prof. Himanshu Patel