Ganpat University as a well-reputed State Private University established in 2005 through the State Legislative act no 19 of 2005, Government of Gujarat and recognized by the UGC under the section 2(f) of the UGC Act, 1956 having campus spread over more than 300 acres of land with world-class infrastructure and more than 10,000 students on campus. The University offers Diplomas, Under Graduate, Post – Graduate and Research Programs under the Faculties of Engineering and Technology, Pharmacy, Management, Computer Applications, Sciences, Education, Humanities and Social Science and Human Potential Development. Ganpat University and the township of Ganpat Vidyanagar, a high-tech education campus is a joint initiatives; purely for philanthropy; of a large number of industrialists and technocrats, noble farmers and affluent businessmen; having a mission of “Social Upliftment through Education”
The University prides itself for several initiatives which have given the students in the state unique learning opportunities as well as brought laurel to the State also viz.,
- B. Tech. in Marine Engineering approved by Directorate General of Shipping (Ministry of Shipping), Govt. of India;
- B.Tech program in Cloud Computing and Big Data in collaboration with IBM; Only and First University in Western India
- M.Tech in Embedded Systems and VLSI Technology in collaboration with eInfochips; Only University in Gujarat
- Postgraduate Diploma in Milk Production Management with Dudhsagar Dairy;
- MBA (Banking & Finance) in association with the Mehsana Urban Cooperative Bank Ltd.;
- Programs in Financial Management and in Capital Market in association with the National Stock Exchange of India Ltd.;
- MMS in Enterprise Resource Planning Systems, Business Analytics, and in Project Management in academic collaboration with Victoria University, Australia;
- Most specialized (sector/industry/technology) programs in Management, Computer Science, Engineering, Pharmacy, and Sciences;
Centers of Excellence set up in university
- India's First JIM (Japan-India Institute for Manufacturing) actively supported by the Maruti Suzuki India Limited and the Govt. of Japan.
- Bosch-Rexroth Centre of Excellence for automation technologies.
- IBM Software Lab for Emerging Technologies.
- Google Learning Centre of Excellence
The University has been among the few Universities in the State who could successfully implement industry-oriented education model with live collaborations with Industries to prepare relevant manpower for industries in the state and country as a whole. Elets – Promoter of Digital Learning Magazine in Association with UNESCO and Ministry of Minority Education, Government of India had conferred “World Education Summit Award – 2014” for Industry-Academia Category to the Ganpat University; out of more than 300 nominations.
Though having located in a rural area; in a North Gujarat region, approximately 70 km from Ahmedabad; University has set up the exemplary example of “Uplifting the Society through Education” by developing world-class social infrastructure with a global vision.