DEPARTMENT OF AUTOMOBILE ENGINEERING
Department of Automobile Engineering has established undergraduate programme in the year 2017. This is an industry driven department nurtured with young and dynamic faculty members. The department functions hand in hand with the well-known industries for the development of laboratory, projects, teaching and research. Automobile Engineering is a branch of engineering incorporating elements of mechanical, electrical, electronic, software and safety engineering as applied to the design, manufacturing and operation of motorcycles, buses, trucks and electric & hybrid vehicles and their respective engineering subsystems. Automobile engineering offers one of the most challenging careers today. Driven by the high demand for vehicles, automobile engineers have career opportunities across the world. The course gains significance for those who are passionate about automobiles, especially forthe automobile hub of India like Pune, Chennai and Gujarat.
“It shall be the constant endeavour of Ganpat University to meet the education needs of the youth in the areas of professional studies and provide state-of the art learning opportunities along with inculcation of values of commitment and uprightness.”
“Seek, search and offer programs that lead to symbiotic emergence of 'academic excellence' and 'industrial relevance' in education and research.”
It shall be the constant endeavor of the University to deliver global standards of excellence in all its core and allied operations and remaining accountable for national values and objectives of establishment through process of self-evaluation and continuous improvement.
To provide highly competent, efficient manpower to meet the ever-changing needs of the global automobile industry and the society.
To impart quality education and training to the students of department, so that they will be well equipped with domain knowledge and skills in the field of automobile engineering and management, along with positive attitude and respect for moral values.
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
· To prepare graduates who will be successful professionals in industry, government, academia, research, entrepreneurial pursuit and consulting firms.
· To prepare graduates who will be able to design automobile systems, subsystems and components and work in manufacturing environment.
· To prepare graduates who will possess the knowledge and skill in repair and maintenance of automobiles as well proficient in the application of computer tools for automobile design, operation, maintenance and management.
· To prepare graduates who will thrive to pursue life-long learning to fulfill their goals.
Undergraduate engineering programmes are designed to prepare graduates to attain the following program outcomes:
· Be capable of apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an automobile engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems in order to help industry, government, academia and research.
· Be capable of finding design solutions for automobile system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
· Be able to diagnose the automotive system failures and repair / replace the components / systems so as to bring the vehicle in original condition with application of modern IT and computer tools for automobile engineering.
· Be capable of applying reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the automobile engineering practice and be able to perform the role of motor claim approver and loss assessor with confidence and competence
· Be a Life-long learner to recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and broadest context of technological change in automobile engineering.